tiistai 31. elokuuta 2010

Creative Space of Madeby - vol. 2

There are still a few companys in Madeby's event I'd like to present you. They were not in the fashion show, but they all had their stands in the event.

Aino Bergman

I instantly fell for these Aino Bergman's beautiful patterns (http://www.ainobergman.com/). Don't you just love the graphic peacock-like print on the dress and the bag? I know I do! And the bags are told to be made of recycled materials. To me, THIS is good ecological design. The ecology is there as an added value but you can't see it, the appearence is just like any quality design product. This brand is one of my new favourites!




Rantakoski Designs

Another new discovery for me was Rantakoski Design's products (http://www.rantakoskidesigns.fi/). The designer, Anna Rantakoski, told me that her products are made of ecologically produced cotton, and the print colours are also eco-friendly. Her collection included e.g. cushions, towels and bags.





My favourite print was this Ansa Ikonen print. Ansa Ikonen is a famous Finnish actress who acted in films and theatre from the 1930's to the early 60's.

Laskowscy Design

What I loved about these Laskowscy Design's products is that they are romantic in a contemporary way. They have a beautiful feminine and light touch, but I find the quality of the design to be very high. I think my living room desperitly needs this table:


Here's some other Laskowscy Design's products, too:




2 kommenttia:

  1. Wow, I really appreciate these designs too. It is so hard to make a sustainable/ecologically friendly product that is still well-designed. There are so many ways of incorporating environmental/ecological consciousness into product design that still need to be explored. It's up to us!!

    VastaaPoista
  2. It's so true, usually ecological products have a certain "eco-look" which is not so attractive to us, who want eco-friendly products but don't want to shout it out loud. I wish there were more companies like these. Do you know any?

    VastaaPoista